The Springfield Malayalee Association was established in 2017 to promote Malayalee culture and festivals, and to support the local community through partnership in various events and activities with other community organisations and charities.
Our objectives are:
- To undertake, organise, support, maintain and promote Malayalee Culture and Festivals, and withouth limiting the generality of the foregoing, to organise and promote the following Festivals
- To undertake, organise and do all things as may be deemed proper and conducive towards the welfare, educational, economic, social and cultural advancement of Malayalees;
- To establish, maintain, control or support educational institutions, libraries, reading rooms, lectures, and classes for the instruction of the members, their families and the community at large;
- To give, allow and award prizes, grants, bursaries, scholarships or advances from any fund of the Association for such courses of instruction as my be determined by the Association;
- To support and supply the physical wants of the sick, aged, destitute, poor or helpless persons or of the expenses of educaiton, maintenance, or funeral of the poor generally;
- To foster fraternity and good relations with other Indian organisations and communities who support the objects of the Association;
- To raise or collect funds either by donations, subscriptions, arranging bazaars, exhibitions, functions, festivals, lotteries, sports or otherwise for the furtherance of the objects of the Association;
- To encourage and promote the youth of the Association to participate and further the aims and objectives of the Association;
- To do all acts and things which the Association shall think fit in the furtherance of any or all of the objects a-fore-said.